Iolani Palace was the royal residence of the rulers of the Hawaii Empire, which started under the Kamehameha dynasty of Kamehameha III and ended with the Queen Liliʻuokalani, under the Kalākaua dynasty founded by his brother, King David Kalākaua. It's US Located in the Capitol District of Downtown Honolulu in the State of Hawaii. It is now the National Historic Landmark, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. After the overthrow of the monarchy in 1893, the building was used until 1964 as a temporary building for a government, republican, territorial, and Hawaii state capital. The palace was restored as a museum in 1978 and opened publicly. ʻIolani Palace is the only royal palace on the US soil.
In the early 19th century, the area near the ancient burial site is known as Pohukaina. It is considered to be a major name, who, according to legend, chose a cave for its resting place in the Ko' olau range of Kanehoalani. The land was Kekauluohi, who later ruled as a part of her innate form of Kuhina Nui. She was staying there with her husband Charles Kanaina. The Kekūanāoʻa had their home in the west of Kekauluohi, who lived in Haliimaile and Keoni Ana Hale, the House of Kamehameha.
This area was a sacred cemetery place for ali Kekāuluohi and Kanaʻina's the original home was similar to other settlements in the neighborhood, where small buildings were used for a variety of purposes. The green painted wood folding door entry was under the panel above the glass and seating area. There were two rooms in the house, which were separated by the fabric of the tent, and hand-made hand crafted makaloa mats. The front had a lounge area in front of a sideboard and mirror. In the middle they wrote half-circle of Armchairs with a middle table where the couple would write.