In Caprarola, Vignola used the fort built there by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger for the establishment of his five-sided building. Unlike the medieval castle builders, who took advantage of the natural parts of the land in their protection, the Renaissance Architects imposed geometric forms on the ground. Recently grown artillery has made easy targets for the high walls of medieval castles, so the engineers of Renaissance have been horizontal above the vertical structures against long-range firepower. The large ports on the outer points of such forts provide firing platforms for cannons of the rescue.
Vignola's building grows in three stories in a circular courtyard. He decorated the exterior faces with circles, oval and rectangular arrangements, which advised in his book The Rule of Five Orders of Architecture, published in 1562. The building was flooded across the foothills, and the inside was equally published. Distance windows. Only two stories appear to be in the courtyard, but the third story of a small service room is displayed by the balustraded Terrace.
The first and second stories are ringed with galleries, and the ground level like Palazzo Medici-Riccardi in Florence is worthless. At the second level, the ionic half-columns form a triangular-shaped arch and the top rectangular markings of the eye-shaped echo the first-floor arcade archives. Behind the palace, formal gardens are stretched beyond the moat.